julieandian.com

Our casa is your casa

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Found writing

I found this piece while cleaning up my old stock of crap writing that I've had sprayed over multiple disks. The date on it says I wrote it in 2005, but I think it's from even earlier. Still relevant though, whatever the calendar says.



I can be anything I want to be. Except President of the United States.
Apparently, you have to be born there. What a crock. How elitist-you want to
be a good leader and rule the "free" world? You'll need a log cabin to apply,
I'm afraid. Oh, and did I mention the white male clause in the contract as
well? So sorry, perhaps you could try somewhere in South America instead?

It's especially unfortunate because what that country really needs is an
outsider's viewpoint. Someone impartial, with an unemotional connection to the
issues facing the US. I tell you I'd have things fixed in a jiffy-none of this
I-need-two-terms-in-office-to-make-history crap. In, out, wham, bam, Boom! All
handguns confiscated. All drugs federally regulated, with proceeds going to
social programs and health care-it'd be the biggest cash cow any government
could ever hope for. Not bad for the first week in office. And I'm just
getting started.

I could do it too. Know why? Because I'd be an outsider. Fresh. Cool.
Uncorrupted by 200 years of white-washed US history. It'd be grand, don't you
think? And the best part would be that if it didn't work out, if radicals (or
Republicans) attacked the White House, I'd just jump on board that big old green
helicopter and get my non-US butt back over the border to Canada. ASAP. Maybe
that's why you have to be born there-they want to make sure you don't have a
backdoor to retreat through.

Makes sense, now that I think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home